Wednesday 5 August 2015

Hello everyone,

Here we are again. Some minor hiccups but now back in the saddle. I had a few questions last week and they were interesting indeed. Such as "is it possible to make long term-friends in Thailand as an expat".

The answers were varied, some people were pretty cynical, some offered helpful hints like finding like-minded individuals, a hobby, etc. An ability to speak Thai was a common thread if you wanted 'local' friends.

In that vein, what would be your top recommendations for Thai-language learning materials? I'm sure many new and even long term expats would be open to suggestions!

Another topic I'd like to touch on is superstitions. I would absolutely love to hear from people about exactly what you believe in. Ghosts? Fortune Tellers? Sacred Trees? Bad luck and lucky lotto numbers? Personally, I've been to one fortune teller before in Japan and he was so dead on it was spooky. He named the months that things would happen and they did. Totally blew my mind.  I would really like to try out a Thai fortune teller and see if they are just as accurate.

I've heard from friends that their friends/girlfriends/boyfriends/BF&GF's families believe in all sorts of stuff, even black magic or blood magic. I really find this topic fascinating. As a person who doesn't hold really any religious beliefs, I'm always interested in the faith of others.

So, write in to the comments, or on Twitter, what do you think? Share your feedback with me.

Have a good one,

FarangGeisha

No comments:

Post a Comment